Firefly Online announced at Comic-Con San Diego
At Comic-Con International San Diego 2013, Quantum Mechanix announced Firefly Online (FFO), a multi-user, social online RPG based on Joss Whedon’s almost cult status television series Firefly. FFO puts you in command of a trade ship that needs a crew and jobs to take on as you try to survive in the FFO ‘Verse.’ The initial release, slated for next summer, will support both Android and Apple iOS devices. Quantum Mechanix says the game may even be expanded to include other platforms. The trailer doesn’t reveal much about the gameplay, but you will notice a credit for FOX Digital Entertainment who appears to have given QMx license to build the game.
The Firefly Online RPG will include these types of activities:
- Assume the role of a ship captain – create a crew and customize a ship
- Aim to misbehave in space and planet-side adventures
- Cross-platform player experience across devices (pick-up and play from anywhere)
- Unique social features connecting Firefly fans
- Create a shiny ship and explore the Verse